Summary:As an Airbus A340 touched down on runway 24L in the middle of a Toronto thunderstorm, the crew and passengers alike were glad to be back on the ground. But for the people on board Air France Flight 358, the nightmare was just beginning when the plane failed to stop and careened toward the end of the runway. Join Stephanie as she tells the story of one of the most terrifying, dramatic, and death-defying landings in history on this week's episode of Take to the Sky: The Air Disaster Podcast!
Listen, Review, and Subscribe on:
Sources consulted for this story:
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada: Accident Report
- Sydney Morning Herald: 'We thought the plane would blow up'
- CNN: Paul Zahn Now
- CBC: Survivors Stories
- CBC: No fatalities in Toronto airplane fire
- Canadian Press: Survival By More Than 300 Air France Passengers in Toronto Called Miraculous
- USA Today: Disaster photos: Newsworthy or irresponsible?
- CBS News: Air France Flight 358 Crash
- CBC: The day a jet went off a Toronto runway and everyone lived
- NPR: Surviving Air France Flight 358
- Wings Magazine: Beyond Air France 358
- NBC News: All 309 aboard survive Toronto jet crash
- CBC: Transcript leaves crash cause a mystery
- Lexology: Air France CVR decision upheld
- Toronto Star: Air France must disclose cockpit voice recorder
Read the Story!Expand the text below to read more about this episode.
We start this episode by leaning into our love of organization- specifically our love of The Home Edit. Let us know if you have found yourself inspired to do a little spring cleaning as well!
Watch Facebook every Friday for our weekly call for good news- we love to celebrate your big and small moments with you!
Credits:Written and produced by: Shelly Price and Stephanie Hubka
Directed and engineered at: Snow Monster Studios
Sound editor: Podcast Engineers
Producer: Adam Hubka
Music by: Mike Dunn