Summary:As 131 passengers settled in for a full flight from Manchester to Corfu, they had no idea they were about to play a role in an unforgettable air disaster before even leaving the ground. In this week's episode of Take to the Sky: The Air Disaster Podcast, Stephanie walks us through a story that impacted flight safety from seat configuration to availability of life saving measures. We know this story is one you won't forget!
Listen, Review, and Subscribe on:
Sources consulted for this story:
- Aircraft Accident Report
- Manchester Evening News: Jet disaster survivors meet pilot 25 years on
- BBC: How 1985 British Airtours disaster changed air travel
- Fear of Landing: British Airtours Flight 28M – The Components of a Disaster
- FAA: Accident Overview
- Confessions of a Dolley Trolley: British Airtours Flight 28M 'Manchester Ringway Disaster'
- Manchester Evening News: Survivors of the Manchester Air Disaster remember the day that 55 people died in a horrific runway fire thirty years ago
- The Guardian: 54 killed as Boeing bursts into flames
- Sky News: Victims Of Manchester Air Crash Remembered
Show Notes:He's back! We start the show by catching up with Jetpack Guy, who has once again been spotted flying through the skies of Los Angeles. Another aircraft caught sight of him- and now we're wondering how we can get our own jetpacks!
Credits:Written and produced by: Shelly Price and Stephanie Hubka
Directed and engineered by: Crosse deStreit, Salmon Pond Studios
Sound editing by: Stephanie Hubka
Graphic design and website by: Adam Hubka
Music by: Mike Dunn