Summary:For a flight crew, there's nothing quite as jarring as an unexpected warning in the cockpit. In this week's episode of Take to the Sky: the Air Disaster Podcast, Stephanie takes us through the incredible series of events that started 39,000 feet above the ground and resulted in one of the most frightening landing sequences imaginable.
Listen, Review, and Subscribe on:
Sources consulted for this story:
- Civil Aviation Department The Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region: Accident Report
- Flight Safety Australia: When it all just gelled
- Aviation Safety Network: Report: contaminated fuel causes A330 engine control problems and emergency landing at Hong Kong
- Wall Street Journal: Eight Injured in Emergency Landing of Cathay Plane
- Business Wire: Cathay Pacific Pilots Receive IFALPA's Polaris Award
- The Australian: Cabin Pressure
- South China Morning Post: Pilots reveal death-defying ordeal as engines failed on approach to Chek Lap Kok
- South China Morning Post: Passengers shocked by evacuation order
Read the Story!Expand the text below to read more about this episode.
Cathay Pacific Flight 780
Show Notes:What's got you feeling on top of the world? Don't forget to share your Flying High moments with us on Facebook!
Credits:Written and produced by: Shelly Price and Stephanie Hubka
Directed and engineered at: Snow Monster Studios
Sound editor: Podcast Engineers
Producer: Adam Hubka
Music by: Mike Dunn