Summary:Delta Air Lines Flight 191 should have been a routine trip from Ft. Lauderdale to Dallas Fort Worth, but instead it found a tragic and industry-changing place in aviation history. In this week's episode of Take to the Sky: The Air Disaster Podcast, Stephanie shares some of the incredible ways this flight made flight safer for all of us and how the crew and passengers contributed to its lasting legacy.
Listen, Review, and Subscribe on:
Sources consulted for this story:
- NTSB: Official Accident Report
- Dallas News: Crash of Delta Flight 191 at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport led to safer air travel for millions
- Mayday: 47 Seconds Until The Catastrophe | Delta Airlines Flight 191
- Orlando Sun Sentinel: The Survivors
- Orlando Sun Sentinel: We Are Going to Die Now
- South Florida Sun Sentinel: DELTA CREW SENSED TROUBLE TRANSCRIPT TRACES LAST MINUTES OF FLIGHT 191
- USA Today: Crash of Delta 191: 30 years since hell 'ripped open'
- South Florida Sun Sentinel: ESTRIDGE AMONG 14 IN IBM 'FAMILY' TO DIE
- Palm Beach Post: Plane crash survivor’s story: ‘I saw a fireball come down the aisle’
- Weather.gov: Remembering Delta Flight 191
- Orlando Sentinel: NIGHTMARE OF FLIGHT 191 STILL LINGERS DELTA CRASH REMAINS IN MEMORIES, COURTROOMS
- LA Times: Hearings on Aug. 2 Tragedy End : Jet Crash Unavoidable, Texas Witnesses Agree
- UPI: Delta Flight 191
- Vicksburg Post: Mayberry’s death epitome of tragic
- Simple Flying: 37 Years Ago Today: The Crash Of Delta Air Lines Flight 191
- AP: Flight Attendant Recalls Last Moments of Flight 191
- New York Times: CREW IN DALLAS SAW BAD WEATHER AHEAD
- NY Times: THE CASUALTIES AND SURVIVORS OF DELTA CRASH
- AOPA: REVISITING A TRAGEDY: FINDING ANSWERS TO A SON'S QUESTIONS
Read the Story!Expand the text below to read more about this episode.
Delta Air Lines Flight 191
Show Notes:Watch Facebook every Friday for our weekly call for good news- we love to celebrate your big and small moments with you!
Credits:Written and produced by: Shelly Price and Stephanie Hubka
Directed and engineered at: Snow Monster Studios
Sound editor: Podcast Engineers
Producer: Adam Hubka
Music by: Mike Dunn