Summary:As seven co-workers prepared for the final leg of a whirlwind business trip, they had no idea that they were about to spend the most dangerous 30 minutes imaginable on a luxury private jet. In this week's episode of Take to the Sky: the Air Disaster podcast, join Stephanie as she shares the shocking events that lead to what the NTSB called a "litany of failures" and the aviation community remembers as a heartbreaking and unnecessary tragedy.
Listen, Review, and Subscribe on:
Sources consulted for this story:
- NTSB: Official Accident Report
- FAA: CFR Part 135 Air Carrier and Operator Certification
- NBAA: Pilot Records Improvement Act (PRIA)
- Akron Beacon Journal: Chaos in the cockpit: A new view of the deadliest plane crash in Akron history
- Sun Sentinel: Services held for South Floridians killed in Akron plane crash
- Flight Safety Foundation: Deadly Deceleration
- Local 10: 7 colleagues from Boca Raton killed in Ohio plane crash
- 19 News: ExecutFlight CEO says company bares no responsibility in fatal Akron plane crash
- News 5 Cleveland: Former ExecuFlight captain says company lied, altered documents after Akron plane crash
- USA Today: Akron plane crash that killed 9 'infested with sloppiness'
- AIN Online: Lessons Learned From Execuflight Accident, Says Company President
- The Palm Beach Post: Ohio plane crash: Law school graduate had shifted to real estate firm
- The Palm Beach Post: Husband of plane crash victim: ‘I feel like she knows her mom is gone’
- Dayton Daily News: Report: Boynton pilot in fatal Ohio plane crash had been fired
- Akron Beacon Journal: Nine Souls Lost
- Akron Beacon Journal: Akron plane crash: Nine killed aboard charter jet
- Flight Safety Australia: Truth and consequence
Read the Story!Expand the text below to read more about this episode.
Show Notes:Watch Facebook every Friday for our weekly call for good news- we love to celebrate your big and small moments with you!
Credits:Written and produced by: Shelly Price and Stephanie Hubka
Directed and engineered at: Snow Monster Studios
Sound editor: Podcast Engineers
Producer: Adam Hubka
Music by: Mike Dunn