Summary:It was a sunny morning in Poland when LOT Polish Airlines Flight 5055 started its journey to New York City, but the routine takeoff quickly turned tragic when a sudden emergency necessitated an immediate landing. In this week's episode of Take to the Sky: The Air Disaster Podcast, Stephanie shares a look at the deadliest crash in Polish history, the shocking reasons it happened, and the stories of those who paid the ultimate price.
Listen, Review, and Subscribe on:
Sources consulted for this story:
- Wikipedia: LOT Polish Airlines Flight 5055
- AP: Terror-filled Last Moments on Doomed Flight With AM-Poland-Plane, Bjt
- Chicago Tribune: 183 Die in Polish Jet Crash
- Aleksander Sowa: HALF an HOUR of TADEUSZ KOSCIUSZKO: Tragedy of LOT Flight 5055
- New York Times: JOY BECOMES GRIEF FOR KIN AWAITING CRASH VICTIMS
- South Florida SunSentinal: POLISH JET CRASH KILLS 183 38 VICTIMS HAD TIES TO THE U.S.
- Plane Crash Info: CVR Recording
- Flight Safety Australia: Kosciuszko in flames
- Washington Post: PASSENGERS ABOARD POLISH JET KNEW OF PROBLEMS, POLICE SAY
- Los Angeles Times: 183 Killed in Crash of Polish Jet : 17 Americans Die as Airliner Falls Outside Warsaw
- UPI: 9 families in parish hit by Warsaw crash
Show Notes:What are your most overused words? We wrap up the episode by talking about some of the words we use far too often, but we want to know which words you use way too much. Share them with us on social media- we might have a few in common!
We're also starting to learn more about United 328's emergency landing in Denver on Saturday, February 20. We'll share updates as we learn about them through social media, but here's the latest on the NTSB's preliminary findings.
Credits:Written and produced by: Shelly Price and Stephanie Hubka
Directed and engineered at: Snow Monster Studios
Sound editing by: Stephanie Hubka
Graphic design and website by: Adam Hubka
Music by: Mike Dunn