Summary:In aviation, there are few people as well-known as the infamous D.B. Cooper, who has shocked, captivated, and confused investigators and the public since he vanished on November 24, 1971. In this week's episode of Take to the Sky: the Air Disaster Podcast, Stephanie tells the story of Northwest Orient Airlines Flight 305, which was in the wrong place at the wrong time for six crew members who found themselves in the hands of the world's most successful skyjacker and part of the history of the only unsolved case of air piracy in commercial aviation.
Listen, Review, and Subscribe on:
Sources consulted for this story:
- Deseret News: TEACHER NAMED COOPER PICKED THE WRONG DAY TO RIDE AIRPLANE
- Rolling Stone: The Missing Piece of the D.B. Cooper Story
- Video: Hijacked DB Cooper 305 NWAHC 2012
- HBO: Thy Mystery of D.B. Cooper.
- FBI: DB Cooper Case Documents
- Time: D.B. Cooper
- Fox Weather: D.B. Cooper expert: New evidence points to person of interest in unsolved case
- Oregon Live: the Mystery of DB Cooper
- The New York Times: Where Is D.B. Cooper? F.B.I. Ends 45-Year Hunt
- Aerotime Hub: How one elusive man changed aircraft design: The D.B. Cooper story
- Newsweek: Who Were the D.B. Cooper Suspects? From Rob Rackstraw to Dick Briggs
- LA Times: William Scott; Pilot in D.B. Cooper Hijacking
- News 9 Live: DB Cooper: All you need to know about the man who vanished in thin air
- ABC: Man closest to D.B. Cooper Boeing skyjacking mystery shares his story
- DBCooper.com: The D.B. Cooper Airline Witness that Fingered Rackstraw
- News 9 Live: The DB Cooper mystery: How the most intriguing hijacking case in history helped change air travel today
- The Sun: FIGHT OR FLIGHT Former flight attendant reveals terrifying ordeal during famous DB Cooper plane hijacking
- New York Magazine: Unmasking D.B. Cooper
Read the Story!Expand the text below to read more about this episode.
Northwest Orient Airlines Flight 305 and D.B. Cooper
Show Notes:Watch Facebook every Friday for our weekly call for good news- we love to celebrate your big and small moments with you!
Credits:Written and produced by: Shelly Price and Stephanie Hubka
Directed and engineered at: Snow Monster Studios
Sound editor: Podcast Engineers
Producer: Adam Hubka
Music by: Mike Dunn