Summary:When one of the most luxurious planes in the world missed their scheduled position check, not everyone was worried at first-- but it wasn't not long before the world realized the aircraft wasn't going to make its intended arrival. In this week's episode of Take to the Sky: The Air Disaster Podcast, Stephanie tells the story of Pan Am Flight 7 and the first leg of its round-the-world journey. It's a tale full of surprise, mystery, and sorrow, all of which plague its legacy to this day.
Listen, Review, and Subscribe on:
Sources consulted for this story:
- The Daily Journal: Pan Am Flight 7 memorial planned for Millbrae
- Fear of Landing: The Mystery of Pan Am flight 7
- Ken Fortenberry: Flight 7 is Missing: The Search for My Father’s Killer
- Smithsonian Magazine: What Happened to Pan Am Flight 7?
- Mississippi Free Press: Mystery Of The Skies: Solving The Crash Of Pan American Flight 7
- Civil Aeronautics Board: Accident Report
- Fortenberry, K. H. (2020). Flight 7 is missing: The search for my father's killer.
- SFGate: Mystery remains - and grief
- Maui Time: ‘Romance of the Skies’ – Finding family history in a mysterious 60-year-old plane crash
Read the Story!Expand the text below to read more about this episode.
Pan Am Flight 7
Show Notes:This week, we talk about what it would take to choose a middle seat on a plane and what Virgin Atlantic is doing to make middle seats more enticing. Let us know what you think: would you accept a gift like a free ticket or cruise in exchange for the middle seat (like Shelly) or avoid it at all costs (like Stephanie)?
Watch Facebook every Friday for our weekly call for good news- we love to celebrate your big and small moments with you!
Credits:Written and produced by: Shelly Price and Stephanie Hubka
Directed and engineered at: Snow Monster Studios
Sound editor: Podcast Engineers
Producer: Adam Hubka
Music by: Mike Dunn