Summary:On March 3, 1991, it took just 9 seconds for a flight to change from tranquil to terrifying-- and it took 10 years to know why. In this week's episode of Take to the Sky, the Air Disaster Podcast, Stephanie shares a story that challenged NTSB investigators and defied resolution until two other incidents shed light on what might have gone wrong for United Airlines Flight 585.
Listen, Review, and Subscribe on:
Sources consulted for this story:
- NTSB: Official Accident Report
- NTSB: Official Accident Report (revised 2001)
- Tailstrike: CVR Transcript
- AP: Clues Sought in Flight 585 Crash That Claimed 25 Lives With PM-Plane Crash-List
- Fox 21: Remembering 29 years later United Airlines Flight 585
- Washington Post: 25 BODIES, DATA BOXES TAKEN FROM JET WRECKAGE
- New York Times: Jetliner Crash in Colorado Kills All 25 People Aboard
- Jumpseat News: Remembering United Flight 585
- El Paso County and Advertiser: After 30 years, witnesses of plane crash still remember
- Cipher Magazine: Barely a Trace
- Independent.ie: Galway family's fight with Boeing for justice
- AP: Co-pilot Cries ‘Oh My God’ Seconds Before Plane Crashes
- South Florida Sun Sentinel: MYSTERY CRASH
- KKTV: Wednesday marked the 30th anniversary of a deadly plane crash in Widefield
- CBS Colorado: Crash Of United Airlines Flight 585 In Colorado Springs Remembered 30 Years Later
Read the Story!Expand the text below to read more about this episode.
United Airlines Flight 585
Show Notes:This week, we talk about speciality vacations: would you visit a hotel for a sleep tourism experience? Is there another kind of vacation you would love to take? Let us know!
Watch Facebook every Friday for our weekly call for good news- we love to celebrate your big and small moments with you!
Credits:Written and produced by: Shelly Price and Stephanie Hubka
Directed and engineered at: Snow Monster Studios
Sound editor: Podcast Engineers
Producer: Adam Hubka
Music by: Mike Dunn