Summary:Most packages delivered to your door arrive after a journey that includes time on the road- and in the air. This week, Stephanie shares a tragic tale with some surprising consequences as we take a look at UPS Airlines Flight 6, a cargo flight that took off on September 3, 2010. What went wrong- and was it preventable? Join us in this episode of Take to the Sky: The Air Disaster Podcast as we take a look at a legacy that impacts the way we fly—and what we can bring with us when we fly—to this day!
Listen, Review, and Subscribe on:
Sources consulted for this story:
- General Civil Aviation Authority of the United Arab Emirates: Accident Report
- BBC: UPS cargo plane crashes in Dubai, killing two
- Aviation Herald: Crash: UPS B744 at Dubai on Sep 3rd 2010, cargo fire
- Fear of Landing: UPS Flight 6 Uncontained Cargo Fire
- USA Today: Crash investigators trace UPS plane fire to batteries
- Boeing: Fire Protection: Cargo Compartments
- Orlando Sentinel: Mother of Sanford man killed in UPS jet crash near Dubai: 'He wanted to see the world, and he did'
- WAVE 3 News: UPS pilot killed in crash is remembered by friends
Credits:Written and produced by: Shelly Price and Stephanie Hubka
Directed and engineered by: Crosse deStreit, Salmon Pond Studios
Sound editing by: Stephanie Hubka
Graphic design and website by: Adam Hubka
Music by: Mike Dunn