Summary:41 passengers boarded Allegheny Airlines Flight 736 on a cold and snowy December 24, 1968, and none of them were prepared for the dramatic and life-threatening way their flight would end. In this week's episode of Take to the Sky: the Air Disaster podcast, Stephanie tells the story of how this flight- and another crash with surprising similarities- led to safer flight for all of us.
Listen, Review, and Subscribe on:
Sources consulted for this story:
- NTSB: Official Accident Report
- YourErie.com: Crash of Flight 736: Susan White Interview
- YourErie.com: Crash of Flight 736: Dan Costello Interview
- The Bradford Era: Allegheny Airlines Flight 736 crash survivors reunite
- Air Facts: Remembering a Christmas tragedy 50 years later
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Memorial planned for 1968 Bradford plane crash
- Olean Times Herald: Tragic Allegheny Airlines accident of 50 years ago still fresh in the memory of some
- Olean Times Herald: Local rescuers share memories of Christmas eve airplane crash in 1968
- Bradford Era: Hope out of wreckage: Allegheny Airlines flight remembered
Read the Story!Expand the text below to read more about this episode.
Allegheny Airlines Flight 736
Show Notes:This week, we talked about a few of the strangest and most memorable gifts we have received. We would love to know: what are some of the most memorable gifts you have been given? Let us know on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!
Watch Facebook every Friday for our weekly call for good news- we love to celebrate your big and small moments with you!
Credits:Written and produced by: Shelly Price and Stephanie Hubka
Directed and engineered at: Snow Monster Studios
Sound editor: Podcast Engineers
Producer: Adam Hubka
Music by: Mike Dunn