Summary:It started off like any other flight: a typical takeoff, a climb into the sky, leveling off for a smooth ride. Less than an hour into the flight, Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappeared from radar, leaving the world to spend almost a decade searching, questioning, and grieving. In our 100th episode of Take to the Sky: the Air Disaster Podcast, Stephanie and Shelly discuss the timeline, investigation, and theories that contribute to one of aviation history's greatest disasters.
Listen, Review, and Subscribe on:
Sources consulted for this story:
- Malaysian ICAO Annex 13 Safety Investigation Team for MH370: Safety Investigation Report
- Sky News: SPECIAL INVESTIGATION: Shocking new claims shed light on doomed MH370 flight
- Business Insider: Plane Accidents Are Remarkably Rare At Cruising Altitude
- NPR: Last Words From Cockpit May Be Clue To Jet's Disappearance
- BBC: Who are the pilots of flight MH370?
- Mh370wiki.net: Captain Zaharie Shah's Flight Simulator
- CNN: MH370: Captain's home simulator had Indian Ocean course plotted
- NY Magazine: Exclusive: MH370 Pilot Flew a Suicide Route on His Home Simulator Closely Matching Final Flight
- The Atlantic: WHAT REALLY HAPPENED TO MALAYSIA'S MISSING AIRPLANE
- 9 News: MH370 pilot 'made many turns to avoid detection' before jet vanished
- NPR: Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: More Debris And Confusion Over Findings
- The Atlantic: Confusion and Anger as Search for Malaysia Air 370 Is Muddled by Poor Information
- The Guardian: MH370 search: families of passengers to comb Madagascar beaches for clues
- Astro Ulagam: ""We Never Moved On"" - Families Still in Pain Years After MH370 Tragedy
- NY Post: Victims' families unveil MH370 debris in 'massive breakthrough'
- BBC: Missing Malaysia plane: The passengers on board MH370
- The Independent: WHAT HAPPENED TO MH370? FIVE THEORIES EVALUATED
- The Guardian: MH370: five years of theories about one of aviation's greatest mysteries
- Business Insider: The mystery of MH370 remains more than 5 years later — here are all the theories, dead ends, and unanswered questions from the most bizarre airline disaster of the century
Read the Story!Expand the text below to read more about this episode.
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
Show Notes:We start of by reminiscing about telling 100 stories on Take to the Sky - it's a big milestone for us! Thank you for being part of the journey!
Don't forget to share your Flying High moments with us! Watch Facebook on Friday for our weekly call for good news- we love to celebrate your big and small moments with you!
Credits:Written and produced by: Shelly Price and Stephanie Hubka
Directed and engineered at: Snow Monster Studios
Sound editor: Podcast Engineers
Producer: Adam Hubka
Music by: Mike Dunn